How do I resolve outlook emails stuck in outbox?

How do I resolve outlook emails stuck in outbox?

woakeschris
I am using MS outlook email account for the effective emailing communication. I have decided to use MS outlook email for various emailing purposes. MS outlook email has many unique and amazing features, so I select this email service for my official task. I am experiencing Outlook Emails Stuck in Outbox. This is a very common error experienced by many users. My email sending procedure takes a lot of time and message gets trapped in outbox. I don’t have skills to find out many reasons of this error.

Re: How do I resolve outlook emails stuck in outbox?

Jimmywick
Click SEND/RECEIVE > Work Offline. In the navigation pane, click Outbox. From here, you can: Delete the message.

Re: How do I resolve outlook emails stuck in outbox?

petergroft
When Outlook emails get stuck in the Outbox, it can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:

Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection. A weak or intermittent connection can cause emails to remain in the Outbox.

Send/Receive All Folders: In Outlook, go to the "Send/Receive" tab and click on "Send/Receive All Folders." This action will attempt to send all emails to the Outbox.

Resend the stuck email: Open the email that is stuck in the Outbox and click on the "Send" button again. Sometimes, reattempting to send the email can resolve the issue.

Disable Work Offline mode: Sometimes, Outlook may be in Work Offline mode, which prevents the sending of emails. To disable this mode:

Go to the "Send/Receive" tab and check if "Work Offline" is activated. If it is, click on it to disable it.
Alternatively, you can click on the "Work Offline" button on the bottom right corner of the Outlook window to toggle the mode on or off.
Check email settings: Verify that your email account settings in Outlook are correct. Make sure you have entered the correct incoming and outgoing mail server information, port numbers, and authentication settings. You can check these settings in the Account Settings or Email Account settings within Outlook.

Check the email attachment size: Large attachments can sometimes cause emails to get stuck in the Outbox. Try removing or reducing the size of any large attachments before sending the email.

Restart Outlook: Close Outlook completely and restart it. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.

Disable antivirus or firewall temporarily: Antivirus software or firewalls can sometimes interfere with the email-sending process. Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall and try sending the emails again. If the emails are sent successfully, you may need to adjust the settings of your security software to allow Outlook to send emails.

Repair or reinstall Outlook: If the issue persists, you can try repairing or reinstalling Outlook. This can help resolve any underlying issues with the Outlook application.

Greetings,
Peter